Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fun with Friends!

Spring is the time of birth and new life, but also a time when many things are winding down. All the people in school or working in schools (like me!) are counting down the days until summer vacation! Many of the activities that we've had Will involved in are also coming to an end for the season. I have added a bunch of pictures from two of the activities we've participated in this year.

On Monday, we had our last Family Foundations night. We've been meeting twice a month all school year with other families with children around Will's age. A family coach (Shelley) puts together learning centers for parents and children to interact in and also leads us in a topic of conversation about parenting/child development. We've had so much fun watching the kids grow and learn so much! They've grown from babies to toddlers together which is fun to see.

Another activity we've done is swimming lessons at Augustana College. Will and I go to the pool at Augie every Wednesday for a 1/2 hour. We mostly just play and get the kids used to the water. Will loves to splash and play with the water toys. The water in the pool is a little chilly and you can often see Will chattering his teeth, but we have enjoyed it! We were brave tonight - Anna (another mom and friend) and I decided to see what Will and Kjersten would think of putting their head underwater. Much to our surprise they did very well and didn't seem to mind it much!

1 comment:

Shaina said...

I'd love to join you guys if you do the swimming thing again :) I think it may work out because I don't think Gage will be working nights on Wednesdays anymore. The thing on Monday nights sounds fun too. Ohh how I wish I had my own car :) haha.


How's Will doing? We should get the babies together again! Is Will walking yet? I know KJ is walking a little but not much yet. Zoe is learning how to run now, which is pretty funny because she falls repeatedly but doesn't care..just gets right back up as if nothing happened and then run run run BOOM, falls again :) Very cute.